Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1 With Doubles Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  12:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eli Corn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked this dollar up the other day and was wondering if it had any other value, its a strange sn.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2505 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eli
That is a cool note. Worth a premium in my opinion. How is the condition? Could sell for 10-20 on the bay.
here is a similar one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fancy-Seria...047675.l2557
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very collectible - definitely a keeper.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2631 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see much value in this note. The serial number is cool, but not cool enough for much of a premium.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2505 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't see much value in this note. The serial number is cool, but not cool enough for much of a premium.

The value is established by those who do care for this note. There is enough of a demand for these, that they sell on eBay...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are thousands of similar (4 successive different double digit) combinations out there for each prefix and suffix pairing.

Don't quit your day job!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2631 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The value is established by those who do care for this note. There is enough of a demand for these, that they sell on eBay...

Perhaps. From the way I see it, it's just not worth the fees involved, the time to pack it up for shipping, and then the time to take it to the post office.

I suppose I've never understood the craze for serial numbers. I just like something with a little history behind it, rather than random serials.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When it comes to fancy serial numbers, I set the bar pretty high. The OP's note will have an appeal to someone that will pay a premium above face, but I'm with Wheat on this. If I found it in circulation, and depending on it's condition, I would be tempted to keep it......I would not pay above face to own it. These typically show up on eBay and for no particular notion, people buy them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree. I like solid digit serial numbers and those below 100, but that's about it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2017  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice SN and I'd keep it if the condition is decent. Wouldn't bother trying to sell tho.

35 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2017  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add usdollar75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice found
35 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2017  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add usdollar75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1776 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2017  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't comment on value but, CoolNumbers.com likes this note:

This is a very cool number! It has a Universal Coolness Index of 98.8%

55339911 contains 4 pairs together. Only 0.0073% of 8-digit numbers have this combination.
All of the digits in 55339911 are odd! Only 0.39% of 8-digit numbers have this property.
55339911 has 4 unique digits. In 9.3% of 8-digit numbers, there are 4 or fewer unique digits.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clarenze30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one too

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have some great notes - gad you've joined the forum!
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2017  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would save it but, that's just me
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05