Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cuds On Canadian Coins

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 6,348Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  07:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have an 1881-H Canadian large cent with a cud. Cuds don't seem to be as common on Canadian coins as they are on US coins. Does anyone have other examples of Canadian cuds they can post photos of?

Learn More...
Canada
9143 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this one big enough for you?

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
9143 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I have ever posted this one here before... It will be making the trip to PCGS in my next error batch.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
9143 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A more modest one, but on a nickel dollar...

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1484 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is this one big enough for you?

WOW
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2017  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting those SPP-Ottawa. They are fantastic! I love that 1937 cent.

It seems like there are plenty of cuds on US cents, but you almost never see a Canadian small cent with a cud.

Are there any more small cent cuds out there?

This is my favorite large cent cud on an 1859, even with the scratches.

Edited by Phil310
05/11/2017 9:32 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10726 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2017  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, nice cuds.
True North
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1484 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2017  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if its a cud or planchet flaw but it the only (cud) I have in large or small cents

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2017  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don, that might be a small cud near the last A of CANADA. I've got a 1941 small cent with what I believe is a similar size cud. They sure aren't much compared to SPP's 1937.

Maybe some of the error experts can tell us for sure.

Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2017  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another 1859 reverse retained cud I found recently. This one is on Haxby reverse E40a.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
799 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2017  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These two are not that large either but I had made note on the 2X2's of the cuds.
I know I have others but I've neglected to note it on the 2X2's, it would be a bit of a hunt.

Cheers, Bill

Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2017  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones Bill!

I really like that double cud on the P.E.I. token. I wonder if those two joined into one large cud in a later die state, or if they retired the die at that point.

Anyone have a later state of that one?
Edited by Phil310
06/24/2017 11:18 am
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JC, for posting those links to the Cuds on Coins website. You guys have done a great job with it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would a large cent with a deep crack that passes across the middle of the reverse of a large cent "in an arc from rim to rim" be considered a retained cud ?.

...and does it belong here ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like it might be. According to the Cuds-on Coins site, if it has some vertical or lateral displacement they consider it a retained cud.

Can you post a picture of the coin DEVLEC?
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 6,348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05