Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 Standing Liberty Quarter?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  01:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Benja to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just trying to improve my SLQ skills once more. As far as I know there aren't any dates in the series that have such an edge like that at the date area. I'm thinking it's the edge of a 1? Even if it was a 1921, would there be any way to verify that so I could get it sold?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18731 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tuff call. Yes it looks like a 21 but then again, maybe not.
I know I wouldn't buy it for a 21 but who knows.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42768 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not for me, but good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Problem is even if you could see part of a 21 under high magnification I'm not sure you would get much of a 21 premium on it. BTW it looks like a neat original coin otherwise.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chase55t to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it to me. I hate the dates on these and the Buffalo nickels, they wear off so quickly
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you tell that it is a 1921?
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I can make out a 1 at the end, but that may be because I came into it looking for a 1. I doubt a TPG will certify it with the date so unreadable, though. Nevertheless, it's a fun challenge!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5106 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2017  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS may certify it if they decide it's a 1921. They certified a 1923-S for me and the date was extremely weak. If certified as a 1921 you will definitely be able to sell it at a decent price.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2017  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen acid dated coins. Is there a way to acid date a standing liberty? I know it's a bad practice but I'm just curious.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, there is no 11 or 31, so all you need to eek out is the one and you've got it. I bet it could be done with a really good camera, if its there. Give us a hi res pic of just the date area.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Edited by Andrew99
06/08/2017 3:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2432 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2017  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've seen acid dated coins. Is there a way to acid date a standing liberty? I know it's a bad practice but I'm just curious.

Below is a link on acid dating silver coins from one of the CCF members.

http://goccf.com/t/264539
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05