Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Deceptive Photos Of Damaged Coins - Stockmaniac2005

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1608 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  12:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I do not know if this is against eBay's rules, as he DOES show the damaged part of the coin, but I am going to put it here anyway. His first photo of the damaged coin is always cropped so that the damaged area is not shown. As you know, the first photo is the one shown in eBay's search engine. Here's an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1803-Draped...AOSwwbdWGVP6

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20202 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meh, anyone that buys this coin not aware it's holed is a complete idiot in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4208 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, this isn't an isolated incident. Just last night, I came across dozens of these. I wont give an example, as the seller is a member here.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2436 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have a problem with the listing. Seller list the coin as details. His door photo is showing the coin at its best with the hope buyers will view listing. Can not miss the hole on the other photos.

One thing I did find interesting in the seller's long description there is no mention of the hole.
Edited by Slider23
06/12/2017 1:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16021 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the description

Quote:
remains. Unfortunately, this coin was holed at some point, though it is not bent and does not look cleaned.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ZenFE99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya, this guy always has shady pictures, and alot of coins where he's rubbed the date off the coin; however,,,, I've cherrypicked a few from this guy as he's not too keen on varieties.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2108 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add indian_hoarder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And he also throws in counterfeits every once in a while, usually around holidays since he assumes they will not get taken down.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12070 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find no problem with this particular listing . All he's doing is making you look further , and when you do ,(wahla)
you see the hole .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8308 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2017  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Known repeat offender / garbage seller.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the "heads up"!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate this seller. Not violating any rules, just clogging up eBay's servers with overpriced junk coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1460 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2017  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, this is my favorite one. An arty cropped photo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-S-Silv...AOSw2gxY3F4g

And only $99 for this holed piece of 90% silver bullion.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Edited by Andrew99
06/13/2017 4:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2017  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaddoFarms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sad.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18473 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2017  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing wrong with the listing, pretty obvious the coin is holed. He does seem to be pretty proud of his coins though with the prices he is asking.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8308 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2017  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as he is not being deceptive (purposely failing to mention the hole or not showing any pictures of it at all) there is nothing to be done but caution others against purchasing from him.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
663 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2017  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It wastes peoples time and gets their items more views. Your main photo is supposed to be the best/clearest photo of the entire item. If you're purposefully not doing this to hide defects, you are a jerk, period.

Ask yourself, would a reputable seller, dealer, or auction house take pictures of 3/4 of an obverse to hide parts of Problem coins?
Edited by Mike1487
06/18/2017 10:23 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05