Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would Like Confirmation On 1960-D SD And Ld

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  5:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MSI2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Stumbled across these 1960-D LMC today. As I'm still learning to correctly identify errors and varieties I would appreciate if anyone would kindly confirm that these are 1960-D SD (figure A1 and A2) and LD (figure B1 and B2).

Thank you:)

Bedrock of the Community
United States
28405 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you nailed it.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep - Top pic SD, bottom pic LD.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39103 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4231 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work, you are spot on!
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MSI2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank all of you for your kind input. I think I may finally be getting the hang of this stuff. Still lots to learn but having a great time searching.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11171 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've done it by golly .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
21128 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You forgot the blue line in your A2 photo! That is another excellent method of identifying the two types.
Edited by nss-52
06/25/2017 7:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also note how the end of the 9 on the curl is shaped. The small date comes to somewhat of a point and is pointed down more, whereas the large date has a flat end and is curled in more.
Also, the "0" in the small date is more oval as compared to the "0" in the large date with is more round.

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2017  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MSI2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nss-52, andywoj00, and Crazyb0 thank you for the helpful information, Greatly appreciated.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38621 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2017  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mark on the inside of the '6' is always the clue for me.

The second point it the length of the '96' on the tails of these devices. (short: SD or longer: LD)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4231 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting and educational topic! thank you all for providing these valuable info.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2017  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MSI2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i want to reiterate Chase007 comment. Thank you all for being my teachers and educating me on the finer points of errors and varieties.
I can't thank you enough. I was looking for a hobby to keep me busy at night instead of watching the idiot box. I found a great hobby and forum to enjoy it with. Having a blast!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05