Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Do I Send Possible New Coin Varieties  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Algot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is from the reverse of a 1996 D Roosevelt dime. If this were a new variety, where would I send it to get it verified?
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where to send new varieties. Send them to John A. Wexler. Go on doubleddie.com and go to coin examinations. Then read the guidelines. It's 5 per coin if both sides needs to be attributed. But if one side needs to be attributed, then it is 4 dollars per coin. I hope this helps. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1226 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are thinking of getting a DDR variety for that, I am sorry, but that looks like MD. AKA machine doubling, and is not a variety. Let some others weigh in and potentially save you the money of submitting.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19330 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I agree,MD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1057 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD and some die chips. I don't think it's a die variety.
People often question my "strange" or "weird" hobby of coin collecting. I think of these people as the common, "pocket change" people. Nothing unique about them. They question those who are different, call them "weird" for not being average. Those who have these strange hobbies are the "rarity" people. They are the "weird". The "quirky." Those who are different from the group are the Morgan dollars in a pile of modern dimes.
Edited by RoyCoinBoy
07/17/2017 4:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
668 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF It is always helpful if you post a photo of the whole coin
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Algot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input and opinions. I was kind of on the edge regarding MD and a DD (and even entertaining the possibly of PMD.) The thing that caused me to question is that the "shelf" feature didn't follow the branch all the way down. It was only local to that small portion of the branch.

Regardless, it's nice to know where to send them for variety attribution. All I knew was Leroy Van Allen for Morgans and Peace dollars, but I didn't know where to go for all other coins.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Algot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...17-37-49.jpg

Would you guys consider this a MD? The leg of the last 7 looks straighter than the first one. The reason I ask is because the the underlying feature doesn't follow the shape of the top.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all the above inputs.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Algot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05