Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Franklin Halves W/ Proofs Caps Album - Photos

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 995Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4209 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  09:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thanks to member Jeff for supplying some upgrades (and some nice extra presents) Still a couple more I may change out someday.

Thanks Jeff!

Pillar of the Community
United States
6335 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice set you have there. I have a Franklin half set accumulated when I was young with many circulated examples. Then I have a proof cameo set still short the 50 and 51. The Capps albums are growing on me but I am reluctant in breaking up proof sets.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more I've seen of the CAPS albums, the more I've liked them.

Nice set and well worth a hardy congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
impressive set, Nice work.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9636 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful set! Congrats!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really nice set. The CAPS album makes it look even better.

I'm wondering, with a direct fit air-tite, can you make out the edge of the coin at all?

Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
876 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet set! Loving the early proofs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
667 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set! I like the toning on some and the way the proofs stand out...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11935 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another very nice album

I am very impressed with the quality of the coins you are filling these
Caps albums with. You are making a very good case for switching
to Caps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1314 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's a beautiful set of Franklins you've put together in another very nice looking album, congrats! Thank you for sharing your accomplishment with us!
Pillar of the Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I really like that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4209 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2017  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody!

I was born in 1956 and silver was obviously still circulating.

My Grandpa always had a Franklin or two in his pocket
and as a very young child I remember picking one up
and just holding and looking at it. That may have
been when I developed the "bug" to collect coins.

So Franklin halves are kinda special to me.
Which is why I wanted to also have the proofs.

And 1950 is the "chosen" year to start proofs in CAPS
albums so that worked out well also.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7048 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow those are beautiful! It must be pure joy to have these and your caps JFK set out to peruse at the same time.

Blank spaces though - maybe some MS Bugs Bunny coins? Type I and Type II 1958, 1959, and 1956 (56 is proof)? Or maybe the Carr overstrike?

The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 995Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05