Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963D-1DO-021 ? Looking for confirmation from other eyes.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  10:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Greg A to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can we concur that this is a 1963D-1DO-021 ? Not concerned with value just with confirmation from eyes other than mine :)

This may be my very first DDO in the wild.

As usual, let me know if you need other pics.

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greg A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should have pointed out where the indicators are. Here are two reference photos.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3190 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep! See it quite clearly on the W & R. One thing to note is that thickness on top of letters is indication of die deterioration, metal flowing to outside edges does that...this is a VLDS (very late die stage). Might check for die cracks. Nice catch, one of the harder ones to spot. This will give you some confidence in your ability to pick 'em!

Glad to see a fellow RPM/DDO/DDR chaser!
"I paused to think, then I forgot to start back up" Bumper Sticker
Edited by Crazyb0
08/12/2017 11:30 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24562 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also the same as Variety Vista 1963-D DDO-012, 12-O-V-CCW from K-7
http://www.varietyvista.com/01b%20L...3DDDO012.htm
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
296 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2017  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Greg
My goal is to climb the 7 Summits
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's the real deal! Congrats!
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find.
Errors And Varietys.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greg A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ALL for the replies and confirmations. I will up some better pics ...maybe tonight. Sorry for delays getting back with everyone. I have been a busy guy at work. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2756 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Good eye!
Congratulations on the find!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greg A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a follow up on this coin...
It is indeed my first DDO find in the wild, found hunting rolls. I want to memorialize it somehow and thought that sending for grading would be a good way to do this. I have never sent a coin out for grading as could use some advice on this. Any idea how much it cost through PCGS? I see their site and their price figures but is there any hidden costs? Also since this coin is in such poor shape...Should I use a different grading CO that may be cheaper?
This is just an opinion question so all replies would be taken into consideration.
Also keep in mind that I DO NOT care what the value is. I am in this for the passion and not the profit.
Thanks as usual
Pillar of the Community
United States
954 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to consider if it would be worth the expense to have it graded,even if you decide to find a TGC which would charge less but the difference in their attribution fee will not be that far apart.
by the wayto CCF
Edited by Chase007
08/19/2017 10:51 am
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greg A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at NGC, PCGS and ANACS since I posted and it looks like ANACS would be the way to go since I am not looking to resell. Basicall just to memorialize and preserve.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24562 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a buyer of coins, I would offer no premium for a slabbed coin. I would view it as I see it for value. So I own few slabbed coins. I just paid normal price for them. (Save the attribution fees. on coins worth over $100, I would slab them. so far I've had no coins slabbed myself)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.85 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05