Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Star Note Find At Local Post Office

 
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  7:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi, I got this at a local post office one day in change, I looked it up and they say they only made 32,000, I know its not perfect condition, but its still a cool find.

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked USPaperMoney and that site shows more than 8.9 million start notes for that FRB.

Regardless, I am always happy to find a star note. It's just fun.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! At 32k print run, I'd keep that one.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
32,000 run size - like @Buddy stated - 8,992,000 printed!! But Star Note lookup shows it's rare? I don't get it unless they never put many in circulation.

http://www.mycurrencycollection.com...notes/lookup






















Edited by Mark1959
08/28/2017 8:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi mark1959, the total printed was 8,992,000 , but they only printed 32k with those serial numbers, and mine falls in the serial numbers, hope this helps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Harley has already followed up his post with the link showing his note is from the 3rd run.

The combined totals for all runs, on a specific FRB, is usually high HOWEVER it is important to look at the individual runs.

Notes from Runs 1, 4 and 6 are 85% of the total printed whereas Runs 2, 3 and 5 were smaller and only comprise the other 15%.

-MV
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but they only printed 32k with those serial numbers, and mine falls in the serial numbers, hope this helps.


Fantasic, then you have a great note!! Congrats on that find!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2017  05:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Short run star, but from a district where many stars were printed. I'd keep it.

The St.Louis Star (H*) ended up as the key star for the series with a print run of 320,000....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39350 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2017  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stever - Do you mean, "from a district where many stars were used"?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05