Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value Of 100 Uncirculated Star Notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  1:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I just went to the bank today to get some more ones to enter to the Where's George site, but I don't think I'll be spending the strap they gave me! I noticed right away they were uncirculated (I always take whatever they give me if it's not my normal pickup bank) which is nice since I can get some long term hits. Anyway, every bill in the strap is a 2013 New York star note, in the original BEP wrapper with serial numbers 10108601 to 10108700. I know 3.2 million run notes aren't worth more than face value, but I have 100 of them in sequential order so I was wondering what the approximate value would be.
Oldest coins from circulation:
Cent: 1918 Nickel: 1934
Dime: 1946 Quarter: 1952
Half Dollar: 1964 Dollar: 1969B
Pillar of the Community
United States
1548 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I don't even know what to that other than nice score! That is some good karma in my opinion regardless if they are worth more than face value or not.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....

My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8118 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should have asked if they had another? ... or two
I'd keep it, but have no idea what it's worth.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16229 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score. I don't know how many collectors there would be for such a strap, but it's worth $100 for sure
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39103 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve in Tampa should be able to tell us. Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28405 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a strap of 100 1999 star note and sold to my LCS for a $10 profit back in 1999
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39103 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9924 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2017  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I'd seriously consider hanging on to that strap. I don't know that there's much upside in value, but it sure is darn cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2201 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2017  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. I would love to get a star pack at face value.

Typically, $1 star packs sell for anywhere between $135-$300 depending on the district and serial numbers.
15 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2017  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add usdollar1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell them on eBay, some new collectors abroad will buy those bills
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05