Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 Lincoln Cent -DDO- Just won! Guess grade and bid price!  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4124 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:22 pm Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
No prizes awarded, unless ya want last week's local coupons for a Big Mac!

Looks to me by the markers to be EDS and clearness to be near beginning of die run. Whaddaya think is grade on an NGC slab much less and what I got bilked for on a whimsy!

Seller's pix BTW...Let the grade be Known later this evening!

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24981 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need a closer view to determine die state. Why did they not put a graded on it? It might have an issue with true surface color?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4124 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, seller's pix, yea, don't like the discoloration on obverse, chance I decided to take...there's a bit of resolution lost on CCF for some reason? but seem to have die gouge above the B but none above the R. If nothing else, will flip on Bay, wait till I publish NGC's grade!
Get your copy Today!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2818 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC, I'll say MS-68
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1882 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure why there's discoloration on the obverse, but still a very nice example! Your example is a lot nicer than mine. Not sure about the grade.
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
10/10/2017 8:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
68 I’ll say $65.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6510 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excuse my ignorance but where is it doubled . MS-66 .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63. Paid $20 w/ shipping.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2818 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but where is it doubled . MS-66 .

Screen shot from: http://www.Lincolncentsonline.com/1...0Photos.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-66 RD and a $40 bid.

"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4124 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, overall good guesses! Here's the actual coffin:

MS67RD and hammer price was $55.00. With fees and shipping divided by three (two other purchases, total out of pocket should be right near $65.00. Which by what I can figure is right in the ballpark. eBay has no top rated TPG coffins at this or any grade so if it is too cloudy can turn aroud without much loss. Most raw coins in MS-? grades are all over the map, so a top tier slab should be no problem.Here's a better closeup:

Get your copy Today!
Edited by Crazyb0
10/10/2017 10:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5443 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinMasters's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice pick up Crazyb0. One of my all time favorites.
Beauty is in the eye of the holder
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper...rne0&_sop=10
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  01:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
eBay has no top rated TPG coffins at this or any grade

Unless you count this one:

Or this one:

Still, they're not $55 for the single coin.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Edited by spruett001
10/11/2017 01:24 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05