Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My latest additions - Three 1936's Half Dollars  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These arrived today, which always makes it feel like Xmas!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16783 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning and congrats! The Bridgeport eagle is one of the best images in the entire series.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3583 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Congrats on your latest purchases.

Coincidentally, each of the three you've shown has an intriguing story behind it and was held up as an example of the abuses perpetrated by sponsors and/or dealers. They each helped make the case against continuing the series.

How far along are you on your set?

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2017
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This far:
(click to enlarge)

Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still haven't grabbed a nice Columbian, and the Pilgrim has been replaced, but I haven't changed the photo yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6026 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa ... awesome Beefer
Signature
Sign Here X _______________________
Edited by TNG
10/12/2017 10:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Bridgeport eagle is one of the best images in the entire series.

I'm not too familiar with the series but, I agree.

Maybe later in life I can start a set like that. It all looks excellent!

I couldn't resist...
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Edited by spruett001
10/12/2017 11:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
W! O! W!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5662 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are indeed far along in your pursuit of this wonderful set ... and I extend to you my best of wishes to find the remaining examples that meet your collecting needs.

Truly wish to someday congratulate you as a member of the few collectors who have completed this challenging but history filled set of USA coins.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5662 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Bridgeport eagle is one of the best images in the entire series

Henry Kreis was the designer of the OP featured 1936 Bridgeport (Connecticut) Centennial Half Dollar... and indeed has produced an outstanding modernistic eagle for us modern collectors to enjoy.

There is another Henry Kreis eagle that to me is just as interesting in the series ... and Beefer has the coin but did not show the reverse.

This coin pre-dates by one year the Bridgeport ... and I have to imagine that designer Mr. Kreis modeled the Bridgeport reverse eagle in the spirit of this one.

At the risk of averting this thread ... please allow me to share the other modernistic eagle the was given to us by Henry Kries ...

1935 Connecticut Tercentenary Half Dollar - PCGS MS65/CAC

Hope you can see the similarities ... and now enjoy both of Henry Kreis eagle contributions to our fabulous classic silver commemorative set.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
10/13/2017 9:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nickelsearcher! I believe both were posted in my "Favorite Eagle" topic but, I didn't know they had the same designer. I can definitely see the similarities and really like both of them.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Learn More...
United States
46408 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions!
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2017  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... and Beefer has the coin but did not show the reverse.

Here you go... click to enlarge (it includes the 1936 Delaware that came in today);

Learn More...
United States
46408 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2017  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking really good, Beefer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2017  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Beefer! A little birdie told me now is the time to load up on commemoratives. Nice timing!
Hi, my name is MikeF and I suffer from Seated dollar fever. Starting a twelve step program next week.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7510 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2017  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooooh, nice indeed! While I like the Bridgeport, its reverse is a little too Art Deco for me. I prefer the much busier York County, but to each their own.

Those are 3 spectacular coins.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05