Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 US Mint Product Schedule

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  4:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The US Mint has their 2018 schedule out. Some notable items that caught my eye are:

Jan 4th- ASE proof (W) (and a bulk pack too)
Summer- another ASE proof but (S) mint
Summer- this seems new, SF Mint Reverse Proof Set
Fall-LESPS (S) mint

That reverse proof set really caught my eye. Can't wait to see what that set contains.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10892 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cautiously optimistic for the reverse proof set.
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1358 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
reverse proof sounds interesting.
Learn More...
United States
60291 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to find the original topic, but I seem to recall that the reverse proof set is to mark the 50th anniversary of San Francisco minting proof set coins.

By the way, the schedule says that it is a silver reverse proof set.
Learn More...
United States
60291 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found something...

http://goccf.com/t/183998

Yes, it says it was to be a 2015 set. Yes, it was argued that 2015 was the wrong year for the 50th.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_Operator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8662 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2017  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing that.

What exactly is a bulk pack?
And does anyone have any info on the American Liberty 1/10th oz. gold proof coin?
I, too, am curious and optimistic about the silver reverse proof set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse proof quarters are going to look great! I'm guessing the American Liberty 1/10th oz gold proof is a smaller version of the 2017 "225th Anniversary" design (yes, that one).
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moorek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to save some money for a reverse proof set that is silver and maybe ASE S mint!!
Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  04:46 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a subscription to the yearly mint set. I feel left-out most years because they seem to do all the special sets, before they put together mint sets.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
12813 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  05:30 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the link so that you can look at it yourself:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2018/

Here is the 2017 page on "bulk pack"

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...17EA042.html
Edited by nss-52
10/19/2017 05:35 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  07:18 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, not being a "bulk" buyer, I had never heard of a bulk pack either (plus it was a 2017 pilot program that is sticking around for 2018 at least), but having looked at this I just don't get it.

You can get 210 proof ASEs in a bulk pack for $53.95 for each coin and get the coins shipped in capsules only without the individual coin packaging. Or, you can get a single proof ASE in individual packaging for $53.95, so you could buy 210 with individual packaging for the same price.

What's a bulk buyer saving here? shipping costs? handling costs when then send the coin off for grading (has to be slabbed, as they don't have the individual package)?

The incentive is obviously not a reduced price for the coin.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the new product schedule, one could be broke by Febuary. Nothing like starting the new year with a whole crapload of products. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing pics, prices, mintages and limits.
Learn More...
United States
60291 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm guessing the American Liberty 1/10th oz gold proof is a smaller version of the 2017 "225th Anniversary" design (yes, that one).
I do not know. I thought they were going to have a new design for 2018 Silver Liberty medal, I would assume that would be also used for 2018 gold.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10892 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not know. I thought they were going to have a new design for 2018 Silver Liberty medal, I would assume that would be also used for 2018 gold.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/ccac-me...ctional-coin

It's going to be the same design apparently. I mean why not keep pumping out a slow selling design for it's 4th product
Learn More...
United States
60291 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2017  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow.

I just noticed they do not list a Silver Liberty Medal for 2018.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05