Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value For 1917 $1 Dollar Bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2017  11:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nate_Cz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was looking at this dollar bill and wanted to know if it's a good deal or what offer should I make. I bought one before and spent to much, so I don't want to repeat the same mistake

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-1-One...AOSw3eJZz6oS
Pillar of the Community
United States
2631 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very common note. I would not pay over $75 for it. Uncirculated examples can be had for a couple hundred.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2206 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Wheat.

Very common note in all grades. Be patient and find a note with bright, original paper and vivid red serial numbers and seal. If you're going to own one example, find one you're proud to own and post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1608 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a purdy one if you can catch the winning bid.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-1-One...AOSwzXxZ7JXT
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that the note is common. Still, a nice unc might run $300. This one, bright white with creases and less vivid colors, is a decent example IMO. No harm making an offer if you like it. I might go as high as $90-95. There doesn't appear to be any damage. Seller offers a generous return. That would give you time to check the bill carefully, looking for pinholes or signs of repaired tears, etc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is a VF35, sharp note in PMG holder....paid $145, if that helps
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nate_Cz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did find one I'll interested in a little bit more. It's in good condition and is rarer. It's a Elliott/Burke. What should I offer for it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-1-U-S...AOSw~oFZw~Rp
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39265 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the E/B sig combo is a tad scarcer, but both notes are sort of low VF. If you can find a bright certified one like babysitr's for similar money, I'd be tempted to wait. Do a "save search" on eBay and watch new listings every day.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
10/27/2017 5:41 pm
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nate_Cz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, the E/B sig combo is a tad scarcer, but both notes are sort of low VF. if you can find a bright certified one like babysitr's for similar money, I'd be tempted to wait. Do a "save search" on eBay and watch new listings every day.

Thanks for the advance, Coinfrog. When it comes to coin collecting I've better resource to find values. Currency is hard to find the values and grade the condition for me to figure out
Edited by Nate_Cz
10/27/2017 4:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39265 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I understand you, that's all the more reason to wait for a nice certified note. Remember, this is (collectively) the second most common large size note series, with almost 1 BILLION printed. Take your time.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/27/2017 5:58 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05