Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Snag- 1913 $2.5 Gold Indian

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
921 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  9:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thoughts on this one? I dont need another 1913 and am buying this one because its pretty to me. What about you?

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
7204 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty to me too. Nice pick up.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8620 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely ~ The stuff dreams are made of.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
9278 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  12:03 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet Indian. In the recent past these went for moon money in 64. They're much more reasonable now and a good buy at the right price, nice snag.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
5156 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The early "common" dates used to be a lot more expensive in MS64 than those towards the end of the series. Prices have come down and they seem like relative bargains now. Your 1913 looks like a choice example, very solid for the grade. Congrats on your new acquisition!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10569 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  03:17 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Quote:
What about you?

If I could afford one, that would be a major improvement. I can't decide whether to spend the dough on a 1953 proof nickel or not.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16672 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some confidence in grading generally,
but not with BLP gold Quarter or Half Eagles, and especially so when on screen, under plastic.

I am glad to take the TPGrader's opinion in this case.

Nice coin, and congratulations !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time in the future, I will add a common date BLP Half Eagle in perhaps AU to my collection, just because I happen to love the unique design.
For U.S. gold coins, I am doing a most common representative type for each denomination.
I MAY give the $4 and the $50 a miss.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46297 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is most attractive, but can't say whether I'd buy it without knowing the price!
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong strike, luster, what looks to be nice color. I wouldn't hesitate at $900 and would contemplate a larger number pretty seriously.
Pillar of the Community
United States
921 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put $870 into it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
921 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really Nice! One of the more interesting series of American coinage, imagination is sorely lacking in past twenty years.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A gorgeous quarter eagle!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05