Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Ultimate Miscut $100 Bill

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
648 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oih82w8 This bill is a butterfly note. A gutter fold is when the paper is folded before it is printed so that when the printed bill is finished you can pull it and reveal a blank space.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4737 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Errors like this on new gen notes are very rare....especially "C" notes!

You can eBay it or sell it to a local shop. Should bring around 4 to 5 hundred on an eBay auction. A local dealer might offer 150 to 200 if you are lucky.

Get more quality posts and you can sell it here on the site.

Good luck and welcome to the community!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10151 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2017  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sweet error and
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10432 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2017  02:32 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my area but, that's an excellent catch!

&

to CCF!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2017  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Get more quality posts and you can sell it here on the site.

This is a good idea. No fees.

Also, you can do a reverse auction.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add portrait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping miscut bills or c-notes errors would generate more attractions and interest or curiosities from collectors in the forum. Especially in a forum at this caliber. Now I'm afraid with this bill, I think I'm becoming an Error notes collector LOL. I am particularly interested in Mismatch serial and prefix errors.

Thank you everyone for your inputs. Looking forward to posting more goodies....
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add portrait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I take it that everyone in the Forum is not so much into Error Notes? I thought it was be a blast to see people showing more interest in this C-note. I don't have any solid collection yet, but if I did, they would all be Error Notes. Because they show how careless and fragile out Treasury Department is. LOL
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that any one of us would be delighted to find one. But we do tend to narrow our focus. I search the bills I come in contact with for fancy serial numbers -- but I haven't found much.

Honestly, if I found a note like yours, I'd keep it for a while then sell it and use the money to support my quarter collection.

Really good error notes are pretty rare and collecting them can get expensive.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice error note!

ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
4737 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few error notes but nothing as dramatic as your "C" note. I've got a mismatch $5 out of the "Ft Sill Hoard", some very visual offset transfers and a couple of minor errors. One note I still wish I had was a $20 that had been torn and taped at the BEP between the 2nd and 3rd printing. (I bought it from a guy that had got it out of an ATM!) THAT was an awesome note that was eventually certified by PCGS Currency. I had to sell ...I needed the money!

Glad you are hanging on to your "C" note and enjoy it for many years to come! This hobby can be very addicting!
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add portrait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do you happen to still have a photo of that "$20 that had been torn and taped at the BEP between the 2nd and 3rd printing" ? Would be nice to have it as a reference. thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
4737 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2017  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sold it about 7 or 8 years ago and did not take a pic of it.

The next time I see the guy I sold it to I'll see if he can get me a pic of it. I'm pretty sure he still has it.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2017  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Condor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I like it ...... exciting find in circulation for sure
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2017  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add portrait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

2009 was the first year with all the new colors and security features. They made a bunch of errors and destroyed tons of them. So they have to hit reset button and printed the 2009A version. This one (2009A) somehow slipped through their highest inspection check points and the Teller lady at the bank. She even counted twice. The only bad thing is, now I have completely abandon my Sports collection and finding myself searching Notes. LOL
Edited by portrait
12/22/2017 12:00 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2017  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the 2009's were scarce for a long time, but not anymore. I was searching and searching for one and then one day the bank handed out about 6 or 7 at once. I was floored because I had seen them selling for a premium. But I checked and everybody was suddenly getting them. The 2009's were all recently scanned and let loose. Oh well..... We can't all be as lucky as you.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05