Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Share Your Post Victorian Canadian Coin Variety's!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
683 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2017  6:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the last few days I have been reading so many threads about Victorian coins and how much study has gone into finding things such as die pairings, repunched dates, double dies etc etc. However as a few people pointed out, it seems that lots of post Victorian Canadian coins have gone very unstudied.

So in this thread I would like you to share some of your Edwardian, KG5,KG6 and Elizabeth ii coin variety's. Things such as major die clashes, repunched dates etc, doubled dies, mules, really anything that would have affected more than just one coin.

They don't necessarily have to be major variety's but easily noticeable ones are preferred. Raw or certified are both acceptable as well as ultra modern coins.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2017  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was the cover story in the June CN Journal, triple-punched with at least two different type sizes:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
683 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2017  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's a nice triple punch! Time to dig out My large cents.
Valued Member
Canada
125 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2017  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arvan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my goodness that triple punch is crazy!

Here is my 1946 6/6 nickel I found in a coin roll. It is the only variety coin a own at them moment.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about a couple Newfoundland; progressive error on reverse of these.
=======================
The break begins:

The break continues:

Valued Member
Canada
142 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was researching which coin variety this 1973 50 cent coin is and noticed the missing A...There doesn't seem to be alot of information on the net about this variety. I think the revere is Elizabeth II Large Bust variety as well, not 100% sure though.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6999 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian Coins-
All 50c Coins from 1968-1976 where the large bust.
The small bust was not introduced until 1977.
If you look at your coin, I think you will find that there
are two "A,s" missing and is not unusual.
This was caused by a filled die.
Here is one on eBay to compare to.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, one of the prides of my collection, but only because it's the only one that I or anyone else has ever found that encompasses so many letters. The doubling is progressive, starting on the left and goes all the way over ... mostly in Canada, but also Cent L-R.

I have looked at thousands of 1919's since I found this 5-6 years ago and have found a 7-8 that have the doubling further right than the first CAN or CE. The hard part is to have both 9's clearly offset and to go past the NA.

Edited by okiecoiner
01/06/2018 1:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1433 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner
You have got your camera up and running----or are these old photo's?
excellent photo's

This is the only 1 I have 1919 with slight doubling on CA

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie has all of the good RP 1919's..and we've all been looking but with no luck so far in my case....

Great to see those nice pics from him..
Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have a camera that I can operate. These shots are from my QX-5 microscope that I've had for years that transfers images to my computer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
572 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner Very very nice
I saw that one I believe when you showed it a few years back on CCRS site and have been looking ever since and never found one.

MG
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1645 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is my 1919 with a die chip/crack

please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Valued Member
Canada
142 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at the 1938 NFLD 10 cent coin and then the 1941 NFLD 10 cent. I believe the 1941 is double punched.

Valued Member
Canada
142 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And this 1874 10 cent with a die break.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05