Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First Silver Wow! 1906 D Dime!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
350 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  10:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Haven't hunted much this year. Found another detector hunting one of my favorite spots, so decided to hunt another area of the spot. Found a green dump truck and some can slaw before finds 2 LMC. Several jumpy signals on my AT Pro but decided to dig a jumpy 81 should be a dime, yes?

About 4 inches deep I find a small dime size coin on edge, looks to be my first silver dime. And what a dime it is? A 1906 D Barber dime. Living the dream, Webekin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1434 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Buried treasure! Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9981 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Congrats on the
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
629 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! That's a doozy of a first silver dime!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16886 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic first. If you are still digging I'm guessing you don't live near me in Minnesota
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3747 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Congrats on the haircut!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Canada
828 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sarkany to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice barber and in not so bad shape neither. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4797 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2323 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice find. Congratulations!
Paul Bulgerin
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Returned to the location of the find, and hunted both sides of the fence. Found a quarter and dime both clad on the other side 50 yards east. Hunted the rodeo stands close to the concessions and for the day had 3 quarters 4 dimes and 8 LMC. Next time, maybe tomorrow afternoon, I'll hunt across the drive closer to the railroad fence. Back in the '20-30's there was a refinery just north of the property that had the Barber dime, so maybe workers were walking a path to the refinery. Or there may have been other businesses close to the rail road tracks. Living the dream, Webekin
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Excellent find -- hope your good luck continues.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05