Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 coin with doubling  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1262 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  5:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i have a question. with strike doubling the die strikes the metal. it usually shift slightly creating a stair steps. would this be a correct statement. but what if there is no shift and steps are smaller then the original strike. would that mean the die is actually doubled itself. meaning from the way the die was cut. any information would greatly appreciated. what I am looking for is your opinions. this new coin is a pain to photography. I just opened a new roll. every one of the coins is identical.
Valued Member
Canada
257 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Andy888's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
work that lens rocky! I list stuff on eBay all the time and I use the camera on my phone. if you've got a more recent phone, give it a go. its tough to answer without seeing the coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5252 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rocky, learn how dies are made, doubled dies are NOT strike related but a product of manufacture.
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1262 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazyb0 I understand how dies are made. I used them the length of my career pressing wire and various connectors. I understand machine doubling. what I dont understand is if the die creates a shelf. why would it only double on most of the coin both side. yet triple died on Elizabeth II. its only tripled on II. how is that possible. I know that the mint presses are knuckle head. that information was explained by DBM he knows what the mint uses for presses. I know through having to learn about all presses. how the knuckle head works. see in my line of work proper pressing save million of dollars. well andy this is the best I can do for know. I had to take all my equipment apart.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1262 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazyb0 thank you so much for that link. I appreciate the tip again thank you
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05