Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Soooo many Lincolns to look through  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  8:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been given the "unfortunate" task of combing through approximately twenty pounds (yes pounds) of wheat cents over the next few days or weeks. Someone at work gave me the coins today and on top of the pile I've already seen a half dozen 43s, two of which look to be UNC. If I find anything interesting I will be sure to report.
Pillar of the Community
United States
508 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow and good luck! Cue popcorn emoji.....
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Edited by ElonU
12/06/2017 8:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a very fun project, Wishing you the best of luck in finding something interesting,
Heard a lady in the last month or so found a 1969 S Double Die searching bank boxes. There are good ones still out there

Link to video about the find
k2Ty1JsWlgU

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Edited by stewart
12/06/2017 9:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4615 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's terrible Bump!! It'll be a real pain posting all of those fun finds for us to see. Truly unfortunate!! (but have fun anyway)
2016 Objective - to establish a system to organize and catalog my expanding nickel and cent collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4640 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As requested...

"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Check stewart's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stewart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Staff, Will Do
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7676 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to the results.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About 150 copper pennies per pound will make your hoard about 3000 pennies to explore!!

That's a tall task!

Hope you find bunch of cool and interesting cents !!
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

I have a CONTEST going on right now! Win CCF Token, Morgan or Peace dollar, and Franklin half.

http://goccf.com/t/301981
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunate. Right. Wink-Wink.

Good luck!
Learn More...
United States
23410 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
About 150 copper pennies per pound will make your hoard about 3000 pennies to explore!!

There are people on this Forum for whom that's an average week.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is definitely not an average week for me, SsDd! But, I'm going to have fun with it. To be clear, these coins do not belong to me. I was asked to look them over for the owner, fill their Dansco with the best of the bunch, and will get to keep any extras. This will probably take me until Christmas to finish if I maximize my after work time. Hope there is something special in the pile.
Learn More...
United States
23410 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The very worst that will come of this is, you will sharpen your searching skills, and train your eyes' muscle memory to the scanning process.

Or, you'll reach the limit of your endurance and walk away from numismatics forever.

No, that's not an option.
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump will definitely take the first option.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky dog!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaunty Turtle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I'm sure you'll have a blast. :)
Valued Member
Canada
358 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow!
Lucky you!!

I start by grouping by decade, then break it down from that point...
Hopefully you have ample spare jars to sort pennies in! - and put aside any nice ones with original mint luster!
My "want" list is HERE
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05