Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1763 Russian 5 Kopeed Double Struck/Wrong Blank  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
587 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Podoprigora to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I recently purchased this coin after I noticed it was double struck on the obverse. However, after I received it I also realized it is larger than my other ones. After weighing both coins I saw that the error coin is surprisingly lighter than the other one I have. Any idea on what sort of error I am dealing with?

Edited by Podoprigora
12/07/2017 5:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Podoprigora to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I get some help on making images embedded in the post? I don't seem to understand the guide.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1370 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Go to the bottom of this page. You should see a dialogue box that you can type in. There are 3 buttons below said dialogue box, and you need to click the last one.

2. When you click that last button, it will bring you to a mostly light-gray page where you can see emotes on the left hand side. There will be another dialogue box in the middle of this page, next to the emotes.

3. Below that dialogue box, there are 4 blue (or maybe purple) hyperlinks (clickable pieces of text)

4. The very first hyperlink is titled “Upload Image” and has a small picture of a green camera next to it. Click that.

5. A new tab will be opened on your browser and there are two buttons at the bottom of it. The topmost button uploads an image. Click that.

6. If you are on a computer, it will open your file browser. Before all of this, make sure you have named your image(s) something easily memorable. Type the name of your desired image into your desired image-to-upload, and click OK. If on a mobile device, it will ask you to open your image library. Allow it to access to your library, and choose the image you want to upload. Click DONE.

7. Go back to the tab that was opened by the hyperlink (the one with 2 buttons) and click the bottom button.

8. The tab will be redirected to either a success or failure page. If a success, click the “close window” tab as this page isn't needed anymore. If a failure, there are two things that may cause it. Either the file is not a compatible file type, or the file is too large. To make the file smaller, use the image optimiser provided on the failure page.

9. When you have successfully uploaded a file, click “Post new reply.”
"When I'm old and grey, I want to be known amongst the neighborhood kids as that old guy who gives out full size candy bars on Halloween"

“Everything makes sense; we just can’t make sense of the sense it makes.”
Pillar of the Community
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OVERstrike, no?
Edited by realeswatcher
12/08/2017 01:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2888 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you please post a photo of the reverse?

This particular year 1763 is known for overstriking coins from earlier era, in particular on 1762 10 kopek which was previous overstruck on 1757 - 1761 5 kopek.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Podoprigora to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Podoprigora to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello gxseries,

That is very interesting. I apologize for a delay in responding. Can you point me to a source where I can learn more about this error. Also, how would I go certifying this coin and would that be a good option?

Thank you!
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05