Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Extra Collector Interest/Value From Consecutive Serial # $2 Notes?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
174 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  10:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ImTBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I went through a bunch of $2. notes recently looking for anything interesting. I ended up putting to the side multiple groupings of about 20 consecutive serial numbers along with a few other smaller groupings. Is there any extra value or interest with these? Was not sure if they needed some protecting from getting split up (if I brought them back to the bank). LMK your thoughts...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2633 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really, unless they are star notes. All are spenders.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lmwstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could also check for special serial numbers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9886 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If no stars or fancy serials, then I say they're spenders.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
14134 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have sets of consecutive $2 that I hopefully plan to use the next time go to a coin show, basically at face value: Two sets of 25 and one set of 50.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the series? Condition?
Learn More...
United States
14134 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:43 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the two sets of 25 were a set of 50 in a row, that I split to have some $2 to spend. I have some in my wallet, and they are series 2013. I didn't find any special to me SN#, so I started spending them. The set other set of 25 is series 2013 and probably the set of 50 is series 2013. Straight from the bank to my safe, uncirculated.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
574 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 50 sequential $2 notes (no stars) series 2013. Not worth more than FV now but in 50 years from now ... probably. Its all comes down to whether you want to save them that long.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spend them and enjoy the havoc that results at your favorite convenience store
Pillar of the Community
United States
2213 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Modern, consecutive notes have no value over face UNLESS they are fancy serial numbers or star notes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImTBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was guessing, but was not positive. Looked for fancy numbers, but nothing better than some trinary numbers. Just enjoying the hunt (and learning what I'm doing on the way...lol). Thanks for all the help everyone. Happy Hunting.
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImTBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moxking....enjoy the havoc indeed. I've been told more than once "...I dont think we can accept these...". I've actually gotten that for half dollars as well which to me is insane. You can tell who is going to buy the 2's for themselves right away (big smiles). When I'm up for the reactions I will grab $50-$100 worth and use them towards everything that day...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05