Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1858 Large Cent With A "Different" Broken Stem..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2018  10:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A nice 1858 with a "broken stem" at leaf 9..

If only I could find a way to fill the missing vine at leaf 13....

This cent is a Turner OD4/RB2 but not the "always sought after FVBS" listed in the front of our Charlton's.

The last 2x2 shows the true colour..

Valued Member
Canada
472 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Devlec
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A real beauty

MG
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1423 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Devlec any 58 is a er
I could fill that leaf 13 for you just send it down here
I might send it back ---not
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all.....and it's in the mail.....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
949 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, a real er.
Nice piece Devlec
"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Her Highness has never looked better.

I'm hoping to do this coin in Mint State RB or Brown, but I'd settle for this one ten times out of ten.
Pillar of the Community
United States
780 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, but then I am very partial to 1858 cents. ,)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice coin, but then I am very partial to 1858 cents. ,)

You've helped me become very partial to them also..so thanks for that ..

..and your great Vicky reference books and quality colour photos has made it all possible with those great die ID's..
Your books are a must for ALL large cent collectors..

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1363 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with last two posts
Valued Member
Canada
87 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just the grade of the coin is spectacular !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2379 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did I miss this post for all these days. I don't remember seeing the post and I'm on here every day. Nice coin.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05