Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Most Beautiful Gold Indian to Date!  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  12:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not the most scarce date, but out of the three MS65 $2.5s I own this one is just INSANE. That color is 100% accurate I took them very quickly with my phone. The surfaces are not grainy in person. I did not enhance or even correct it. I paid a premium but could not be more pleased. I have 3 or 4 new indians to show in the next few days but this one is just special to me. Sorry my pictures arent sharp enough to show the strike detail. I need to get this and a few others photographed professionally.

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
948 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's gorgeous!
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1030 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely toning, outstanding coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2739 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not attracted to gold. But does she have a sister?
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Valued Member
New Zealand
139 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aoraki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The colour is amazing.
EAC #6558
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14411 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is good to have a 'pride and joy' star' in a collection - top condition helps.
With 10% copper in the alloy, U.S. gold coins can develop some rather nice 'old gold' toning.

Nevertheless,
" All that glisters is not gold" - Shakespeare - Merchant of Venice.
Morgan VAM and DMPL collectors know this.

I have quite a few gold coins in my collection, but I have long since learned that gold is just another coinage metal, and should be represented like any other coinage metal in a collection.

Same applies to other commodities - some have made fortunes from trading pork bellies, rather than gold.

I have also long since learned that some of my most appreciated coins are in no better than VF-20 condition.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7336 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  01:42 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Jon!

I don't own any gold coins, but the Indian quarter eagle is the first I will acquire.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Type_SLQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is WOW, that is one gorgeous coin!
Nice pick-up Jon.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks stunning!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a stunning coin.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15470 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing beauty. I've been searching for a 65 for my type set for years without finding that "perfect" example.

I would have bought this one.
Learn More...
United States
57780 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, super toning!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3872 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin congratulations
Pillar of the Community
United States
4073 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a beauty~!!

Yes, that coin is well worth a premium.
Well done!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11620 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking coin.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05