Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found 1970 D silver half dollar Coin roll hunting!  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
57096 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this should be moved to the CRH forum... a lot of half dollar searchers post there. Definitely will get a lot of hits on that page.
No need to move it there, but I am glad you linked to this from the Kennedy CRH topic.

Jmonsilver87, feel free to drop that photo here...

http://goccf.com/t/22710
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BassPro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how much that worth?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5201 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Great find!

I have always wanted to find one in circulation just to say I did. I went through an awful lot of boxes and never did find one.

Quote:
Should I have it graded? I mean the edges seem
Like they we're never touched

Quote:
Looking to sell them anyway just a cool newfound hobby!

A word of advice. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that coins "SHOULD" be graded.

The market of sold coins, b/c of sites like eBay, have made an artificial mindset that having a coin slabbed is a natural, normal, necessity for coins.

Nothing could be further form the truth.

The reason slabbed coins have become so popular since Y2K is that as people got onto the internet, more slabbed coins were being sold b/c people see it as a way have their fears assuaged that the coin they are buying is what the seller claims.

However, you will find sage advice on this forum of "buy the coin, not the slab."

When you see a green sticker (CAC) on a slab, it means that someone paid to send the already-expertly-graded, slabbed coin for another experts opinion about the job the previous expert did.

And its getting to the point that people are now wanting to see this sticker on a slab before they will buy. A few years ago, another company stared up trying to grade the job CAC did!

I posted a graphic to CCF when that third company started up as what it seemed the future of slabbing was becoming:

If you liek the looks of a slab and want to collect them for what they are, then go for it. They look nice. But don;t make the mistake of thinking they are a necessity for every coin, or every coin in good condition.

Slabbing will bring in more money to the seller on places like eBay. Its popularity, therefore, also has grown because of this.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2018  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how much that worth?

One sold in on 2-12-2018 for $10.99 that was still in the cellophane so your coin would probably be less. IMO
Keep it as they are hard to find in the wild!
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3701 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations ...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05