Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 D Lincoln Cent DDO DDR +  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CinM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can you help to identify the large obverse concave and convex error (with cuds on rim near date & letter U), DDO lettering and DDR lettering on this 1982 D Lincoln penny? What do I have here? I've been hanging on to it for a long time and always wondered about this one. Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
United States
23310 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a DDO or a DDR. The concave/convex is just damage. The cud is really a folded over rim fin,IMHO.Very nice pics though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1707 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Lincoln is an elephant spraying water up lol funny damage
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CinM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks,John. I need to figure out what is and what isn't a double die. Sorry to waste your time and appreciate your input.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CinM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, funny damage. That's why I've kept it so long. :)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23310 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did not waste my time,here to help when I can. Look here for some help http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/...Doubling.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31295 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Made him laugh. Even shot water out of his trunk!
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/12/2018 3:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CinM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, John! Funny coop! Always makes me laugh too :D
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05