Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 error Lincoln cent  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  5:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Theflynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Would like the forums opinion on this 1967 Lincoln cent. There are multiple repeats of Lincoln's shoulder along with other features.
Is this a mint error or just damaged?

*** Edited by Staff to crop images. Please crop images before uploading. If you do not have software to do this you can use the free image optimizer. ***
Learn More...
United States
52345 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22704 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you're asking about, but we'll need larger pics of both sides, properly oriented please!

to the CCF!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Bedrock of the Community
United States
13087 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That PCGS holder looks suspicious, even if it's only listing genuine. Better photos would help determine that and something about the error.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1419 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both sides.

Learn More...
United States
52345 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certification seems legit and matches what I see...

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/24161010

Genuine (98 - Damage)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26947 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SO basically the coin is real, but the damage is not an error. (years ago, they would just body bag the coin and send it back to the owner. Keep the slabbing fees. At least now they are slabbing them as a genuine coin. No grade. Marked damaged.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Theflynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The certification is real, I just do not agree that it is just damaged and not a mint error. Here is a better picture.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26947 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks exactly like heat damage.

There is no way this could have happened at the mint.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Theflynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you account for the multiple reflections of the Lincoln's shoulder and other repeats of features? I do not see anything like that in the heat damaged picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2267 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Genuine WHAT? Genuine damage,Genuine geniously torched,
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF! Sorry, but it is just Post Mint Damage from being heated. You can see how it has that ripple effect from being heated. Not a Mint error.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3389 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't believe they slabbed that. Must have been a slow day guess.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4940 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't believe they slabbed that.

I can't believe someone let them slab that - what a waste of money. (Unless it was a package deal that a dealer submitted)
Having a sense of humor is the greatest thing God gave you! Have fun using it!

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (45 pcs of 64 total)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do you account for the multiple reflections of the Lincoln's shoulder and other repeats of features?

Not sure how to account for any of the damage. If it happened during the minting process then we would have to account for that. There is absolutely nothing in the minting process that can do this.PMD Post Mint Damage. I believe PCGS is calling it a genuine Lincoln cent. The slab should have included the word (Damage) It's worth one cent
Pillar of the Community
United States
2267 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they meant to say genuine slab
Edited by Chase007
02/13/2018 8:49 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05