Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1996 D Cent lathe lines  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Walkallnite to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Coin rolled a nice lathe line. Bummer on the coat stain, but it’s always nice to find this variety.

Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are cool!! Nice find
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4776 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! I have not found this yet CRH.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Walkallnite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both! Seems about 80 percent of my rolls contain D mint. So not many LSC doubled dies are around, but at least these turn up from time to time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29053 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lathe lines are from when the stock material is shaped, but they forgot to smooth out the metal lines the lathe left to reduce the end of the metal stock.

When the end of the stock is not polished, the lathe lines can be seen on the coins struck, even after the stock has been hubbed and reduced.

They can be found on other coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/13/2018 9:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Walkallnite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I rember a couple of weeks ago a hunter found a 2001 cent with nice lathe lines inside the bays.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4776 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I rember a couple of weeks ago a hunter found a 2001 cent with nice lathe lines inside the bays.

I remember who it was. It was Still Lookin that found it. If you're worried about that stain on the bust, try giving it an Acetone bath. It won't harm the coin and it will improve it.
Errors And Varietys.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05