Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Progressing On The Album Completions, Finally!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  08:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As some of you may know, I have been migrating all my US coin sets into Whitman albums(is what I can afford) but in an unusual way. I utilize the standard labeled pages and binders where it suited my desires but in many cases I used blank pages and labeled accordingly. For instance, I have a page for Shield, one for Liberty and all Buffalos reside in one binder. Mercury and Roosevelt dimes are combined and continuous on a page (saves space and money) as in the pix here below. Two binders were needed for small cents and also quarters. FEs and IH plus the LWCs are in one binder, the State an Territorial quarters w/proofs had to have its own binder. The absolutely complete Memorials including proofs and varieties, from 1955 through present have their own. Presently I'm labeling the rest of the Roosies and hope this weekend to finish the labeling of quarters and half dollar binders, those are only from 64 up with proofs, so should go easily, just a lot of coins to label!

1). Early small cent and nickel binders

2)Small cents 1856-1958

3). Memorial cent 1959-present w/proofs

4). Jefferson nickels 1938-present w/proofs

5) Mercury and Roosevelt dimes 1916-present

Unobtanium coins missing: 1877 &1909S IH, 1909SVDB, 1885, 1886 & 1912S 5c, bunch of buffs, working on these, 1916D 10c. Sets are nearly complete w/o the unobtanium, which holes are soon to be filled with nice "copies" or the five remaining proof sets I need. I hate empty holes! (Thanks Tom!)
Edited by Crazyb0
04/07/2018 12:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4206 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Crazyb0~! What an awesome idea!
I personally love it and it's great to
see all the coins you cracked out into
their respective homes. Looks GREAT!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5016 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great job, what did you have them all in before this?

edit, not the ones you cracked open but the reg. sets.
Edited by mcshilling
04/07/2018 09:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hate holes!

You mean you hate "empty" holes. So do we! Holes are great when they are filled with the coins you want and love.

A great customized job and idea. I really enjoy seeing other ideas on how to organize and complete sets with the explanation and reasoning behind it. Other opinions on how and why always take this venture/hobby to another level for me. OUTSTANDING project and job!
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mac....look on my eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like how all those albums look and I know it must feel great to have so much filled.

I recently posted a few coins on the circulation cameo thread and mentioned something I am doing similar. I have a Whitman album, just the empty coin one, and added one page each for cents through dollars. Each page I fill with circulated cameo examples of different series as I find them. It makes for fun collecting.

I really like the look of the Whitman Classic albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6231 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great! Which binders did you use that were thick enough to accommodate the extra pages? For example, was the Buffalo album thick enough to comfortably fit the two extra pages?
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46324 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that - do it yourself type books... Nice...
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
Pillar of the Community
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks great Butch I really like the white lettering on black for the header and the white on clear for the dates! Outstanding job
In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done. Great idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks GREAT! I am planning to start a set like that for CBHs in a Dansco 7000.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earle42, the standard Whitman Blank binders are the thickest. I used the 1938-2003 Jefferson binder then added two pages to it, stuffed, but not enough to be over-bound. All are full, when all done, I'll take an and led top shot to give perspective. The further along I've been getting, the more I like how its coming out!

Once I have the remaining proofs installed, I plan on taking all my circulated coins from 1968-1998 that aren't already MS, and upgrading by buying the mint set series!
Edited by Crazyb0
04/07/2018 1:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mac....look on my eBay store

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really great to see your coins so properly displayed. One of the check marks to list you as a collector rather than an accumulator is the care you give in your display.

Well done
Pillar of the Community
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2018  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18, I beleive what Crazyb0 is referring to is the several empty albums that he is selling that can be used in the same manner as that he has done here!
In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05