Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I want to! Belong to the General.  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  6:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would love to get back in the general discussion group. But being on a "very limited" cash flow and all the expenses that my Mother accrues every month I suppose I'll never get back in. Feeling very sad.
Edited by Newbie234
04/14/2018 6:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best thing to do when cash is short is to read, study, and learn. All are free. When good times return, your will have an arsenal of knowledge to help you purchase only the best for your collection.

"With knowledge and/or education, one's potential or ability to succeed in the pursuit of one's objectives will certainly increase."

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27392 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel the qualifications are fair, assuming you were not an abuser. Basic sponsorship is just a few dollars a month, or half the price of a single lunch. Skip a meal, lose some weight, and sign up.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6306 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Newbie, I live on a 500$ a month Gov't check from being run over by 2 cars when I was younger (14) - Bad back, bad hip ("LEFT SIDE") - and bad knees. But I put together 5 Dansco sets, ASE, Jeff Nickles, Franklins, Walkers, and Ikes. Now I'm working on Whitman Large cent album, as you can see from my bottom signature - I ONLY? have 8 left! Never get discouraged - I think of it, ain't money to complete your albums - It's time that may run out!!

BUT - the point I was randomly making, a 6 month subscription is $25 - which even to me ain't a hindrance!
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Edited by Mark1959
04/14/2018 7:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2484 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Newbie, I live on a 500$ a month
...You lucky guy. I'm not sure if my entire family earns that much.

I'm collecting on a budget of roughly $50 per month; of course that's additional to what we spend on food, clothes and the like (which might well surpass $500/month for all five people in my family).
My big problem with paying money to websites is that 1) it would require some complicated arrangements (e.g. establishing a PayPal account), and 2) once such arrangements are made, CCF would hardly be the only website to deserve my money, and if I honor them all I wouldn't have much left for collecting.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14464 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Education is the key to collector success"
That is the motto. of the CCF.
You don't have to own ANY coins to belong to the CCF.

I am a member of a car club.
There are a few members in our club that do not own a car!
They still enthusiastically enjoy all of the brotherhood that membership provides, and go on our long distance outings.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7579 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  01:35 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Newbie234

I sent you a PM.
irony n. the opposite of wrinkly

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6306 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Skip a meal, lose some weight, and sign up.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6306 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But being on a "very limited" cash flow and all the expenses that my Mother accrues every month I suppose I'll never get back in. Feeling very sad.

Bull, I hate to see sad people, send me your info and I will personally sign you up for GD! Anybody else care to join in? Even so I will do it all by myself - send me an IM/Email with your info!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1279 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bull, I hate to see sad people, send me your info and I will personally sign you up for GD! Anybody else care to join in? Even so I will do it all by myself - send me an IM/Email with your info!!

Well there you go! Such generosity should not go un awarded
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6306 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well there you go! Such generosity should not go un awarded

It probably will Too Tall but I don't care, life is too short to NOT care!!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
14200 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I missed something what is he being signed up for? Does it cost money to be in the general discussion group?
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is this! is there a secret section I'm not aware of. SO if you give a little to CCf you have access to this utopia section..

Would love to learn more on what goes on in this section.
Learn More...
United States
59123 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2569 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

You're a good man! Good deeds don't go unpunished.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does it cost money to be in the general discussion group?

Yes, it does now. After an, er, recent discussion, general discussion was locked. Now, it has been re-opened, but you must be a CCF Supporter to be allowed in general discussion.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05