Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I need your help guys.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
From this point on, if I come across any 1919 LWC's that do not have a mint mark, slap me upside the head and remind me to just say no.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7134 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No

couldn't resist!

They are a very common pre 40 wheatie aren't they.
W.A.N.S. Pennsylvania - 45th Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show ~ July 28 2018
ALWAYS A great coin show & getting better every year! ANACS will be there for submissions - SEE YOU THERE!
More information http://goccf.com/t/312115
Edited by TNG
04/14/2018 8:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1310 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whassamatter? I like that date. Anything that old is special, even if you can't buy a boat with it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7343 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's the only Lincoln Repeater so far...
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1382 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is why I want them to wait until after 2020 before they consider eliminating the Lincoln penny.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 240 of them, compared to 6 S mint and 1 D mint, I just want to pick up some more S and D mints, no more phillys
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7532 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have 240 of them

Yikes, that is quite a few! However, I do note that you have a ways to go if you are trying to corner the market: your stash represents about 0.00061% of the roughly 400 million minted.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yikes, that is quite a few! However, I do note that you have a ways to go if you are trying to corner the market: your stash represents about 0.00061% of the roughly 400 million minted.

Not trying to corner the market, that's for sure. Just want to have a few more mint marks, so I can make up starter sets for younger relatives about to join scouts so they can get their badge, and hopefully carry on their uncles hobby.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8774 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1919 three mint series was actually one of the larger runs. WW1 had ended, production was increasing and the US was ramping up to a pretty solid economy. Cents were a very necessary purchasing denomination back then, many small staple items and produce was 1-5 cents in cost. The "penny candy", The "nickelodeon" flash card videos, many items of produce, an apple was 2 cents, the cry for "Buddy can ya spare one thine dime?" later in the twenties was the cost of a good meal at a diner.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
14027 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1919 three mint series was actually one of the larger runs. WW1 had ended, production was increasing and the US was ramping up to a pretty solid economy.

Actually the 1919 to 1922 period was one of recession. The "roaring 20s" didn't really kick in until the middle of the decade.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
57864 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is why I want them to wait until after 2020 before they consider eliminating the Lincoln penny.
This is not the worst reason I have heard to keep the cent in circulation.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05