Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally! My First ever "oldest find"...  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4079 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There's some around these parts might know I am a bit leery of true newcomer collectors "oldest find" tales. I've bit the old tongue in the past inserted the boot leather down into the craw with my opinion on tall tales Maybe because I never had one, who knows

But finally, I found one.

No dear readers and old friends, I am not here to show the uncirculated 19th century dime that I found in my 7-11 change as I coincidently just started collecting...or anything of that nature. But here he is...awesome

Bedrock of the Community
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. That is a great save from the wild.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4079 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got back from Vegas and had not cleaned out my pockets of the change. It does not surprise me to find this out that way of the country.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6995 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice find! Enjoy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7539 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found some of my more interesting Wheat cent finds from a couple of Bank wrapped customer dumps while vacationing in Branson, MO. Maybe it has to do with the influx of tourists flooding the area, a variety of cash brought in...the one coin shop I found was really gouging the tourists! Lol!
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6159 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6535 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pick-up from the wild!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2983 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!! I would rather be lucky than good!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24388 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
United States
1225 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing!
Learn More...
United States
54815 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7628 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beauty for sure .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05