Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It Worth Throwing A Bid On Or No?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
43 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  10:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add waloshin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am Canadian and do not know much about American coins looks like a decent amount though. Is it worth throwing a bid on or no?

https://www.mcdougallbay.com/bid.ph...62ECC1077AB7
Pillar of the Community
United States
4206 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see that much value there, so no I would
not myself personally.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8602 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not for me either. Bunch of clearance stuff creatively presented.
I recommend learning more about US coins before you go down that road.
I guess I'm sticking my neck out with advice but you can do so much better for the money.

Buy quality, not quantity. That kind of stuff will always be around.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchase stuff like that in auctions all the time, altho not in the mass mayhem that is. I could probably realistically get all that stuff for less than $120 tops, including any fees and shipping. As stated, is a "dabbler's" collection efforts, shows no set direction of collecting, the "just what looked good". It could also be a dealer's excess junk he bought of larger collections, these items don't sell well individually BTW.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16646 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't help thinking it is a cull collection. The cherries have been taken out, to be sold separately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Low-grade, common-date coins, most worth very little. The few silver coins are low-end "junk" silver, valued only for metal content.

I'd look for a few nice-looking silver coins on eBay to get started with US coins. Choose items with clear photos and free shipping from highly-rated sellers and review sold item pricing to confirm you aren't overpaying.

Good luck!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your best advice above is buying quality, not quantity.

You need to consider ease in selling what you buy. At some point you or later heirs will sell these coins.

Taking this junk to a dealer will get you face plus spot value, minus 5-10% of spot.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2508 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huge turnoff when a several page description, among other things, promotes a "Full Date Buffalo" and makes it seem like that is a rare item.
Clearly geared toward taking advantage of common folk.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12969 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save your money . All I'm seeing here is common coins and low grades .IMHO do not bid on this lot .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05