Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting Advice On AU Vs MS Condition Coins

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3383 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know you already decided - and beautiful coin by the way - but when building sets, especially copper where color comes into play, it's going to depend on the rest of your set. A 63RB is going to stand out in a set of all brown coins. A brown coin, even a high grade 64 or 65, will stand out amongst a red brown set. So, if you have mostly AU coins, I'd stick with that. If you are building a mostly uncirculated set, stick with those wherever you can afford to.
Edited by KenKat
04/28/2018 12:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18639 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And you can always look for one in a lower grade later.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My strategy, right or wrong, is to collect MS63RB or MS64 RB on the late years of the series and then move down to AU for the older common dates and XF or even VF for the semi-key dates and likely F for 1877. So, the "set" will generally move from RB to chocolate as the dates get older.
Actively collecting US Type coins and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3383 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that is a good strategy. Did something similar with my 7070.
Learn More...
United States
78272 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
LOL. Sometimes you have to move on a coin when you see it.
This is true.

Quote:
My strategy, right or wrong, is to collect MS63RB or MS64 RB on the late years of the series and then move down to AU for the older common dates and XF or even VF for the semi-key dates and likely F for 1877. So, the "set" will generally move from RB to chocolate as the dates get older.
Never a right or wrong here, but for what it is worth I like the plan.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05