Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Pricing

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CommodityTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I have the opportunity to buy a 1888-S Morgan dollar PCGS VF30
and 1880-S Morgan dollar PCGS MS65.

Finally, a 1874-CC Trade dollar PCGS AU58

What do you think a fair value for each coin would be?

Thank you,

CT
Edited by CommodityTrader
04/29/2018 10:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Compare on eBay.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
but we can't help you unless you post pics. The single most important factor in determining price is eye appeal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your user name and nature of the question seem to put you on the pure investor vs pure collector end of the numismatic continuum. Seems to me most here are towards the collector end, and though collectors certainly consider value$ in coins, it's not the primary reason.

So, as coinguy above said, check completed eBay auctions (they go back 90 days) and see what similar coins sold for. good luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your user name and nature of the question seem to put you on the pure investor vs pure collector end of the numismatic continuum. Seems to me most here are towards the collector end, and though collectors certainly consider value$ in coins, it's not the primary reason

Ummm, I think you're reading way too much into this new member's question.

Nothing in his post would lead me to believe he was a 'pure investor'. And connoting that in a negative light(if I'm understanding you) is insulting. He's asking a very appropriate and important question that all collectors should ask before considering an acquisition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10363 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can give you the PCGS Price Guide value* for them:

1888-S: $210
1880-S: $165
1874-CC: $2500

*these values are generally known to be high. Expect to spend less.

Other than that, I also suggest checking eBay SOLD listings for comparable coins. If you do have pics of the coins in question, please do post them because, as Mike said, eye appeal is a major determining factor in value.

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30369 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. You can also look here http://www.numismedia.com/rarecoinprices/fmv.shtml
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3322 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or on coinprices.com (the GreySheet people's Consumer [retail] Price guide)
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MikeF gave you a great point. Grade alone is only a part of the value of a Coin. Eye Appeal and availability vs. Collector interest are the other two segments of a three part determination.

Show us photos for specific answers that mean more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and yes, eye appeal is very important when I go to purchase a coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2431 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
88 s vf30 - $100
80 s ms65 - $130
74 cc au58 - $1800

These are based on past auction realized prices for the typical coin for grade. The price could increase with nice eye appeal and or CAC sticker.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11180 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05