Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Back from PCGS Grading  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For the past few months, I have been trying to get my collection better organized. It needed it, plus my wife and I are doing some estate planning. In doing so, I have been working at getting all of the valuable coins into PCGS holders. Here are three pretty nice varieties. I have owned all of them in their older PCGS holders (no varieties noted) since before 2007.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27279 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
Learn More...
United States
59010 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15652 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet ones. Congratulations.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
282 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet coins!

When resubmitting to get the varieties recognized (now that PCGS is getting better at Cdn varieties) did you break them out and re-submit straight out or just submit as a reassessment?
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Submitted in the old PCGS holders as a re-holder with variety attribution. They were not re-graded or reconsidered.

The 1881-H is the highest 1881-H graded by PCGS period. I bought it out of the Prof. Wayne Palmer Collection in 2004. As a bonus, it had all the obverse legends doubled before anybody cared about that. I would have bought it as a condition rarity, even if it were not DDO.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1372 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you have on heck of a collection of large cent varieties and I am jelous! allthough I think I might still have you beat with the 1882 DDO, but yes very nice collection
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few people have me beat on this coin, or that coin. I am waiting to see if anyone can beat the entire set. Possible, but very difficult.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5371 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the look of the 1881-H DDO in the middle.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
Canada
67 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalmBud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congratulations! nuce profile of QV
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1372 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am waiting to see if anyone can beat the entire set. Possible, but very difficult.
i think you will hold that title for a long time, I dont think I will ever come close to you, I'm just happy I beat one of yours
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, all three of these coins are lighter, with more red, than shown in the opening photo, which was just a quick snap with my cellphone. For example, here is a more accurate photo of the 1941 NF cent.

Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BTW, all three of these coins are lighter, with more red, than shown in the opening photo, which was just a quick snap with my cellphone. For example, here is a more accurate photo of the 1941 NF cent.

That. Looks. Beautiful.

And the 1941 looks like the darkest in the picture, so does that mean the other two are even more red?
Learn More...
Canada
7923 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
7923 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i think you will hold that title for a long time, I dont think I will ever come close to you, I'm just happy I beat one of yours

That is exactly how I felt, when the owner of the Perth Collection looked at my NFLD 1938 cent and said, "I think yours is better than mine..."
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05