Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 error cent help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  7:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted here. I met up with an old friend, he has this 2006 cent and is asking me to make a fair offer. Ive seen one like this in the past but don't know what it is or what it's value would be. Any help would be awesome

Sorry bout the crappy pic quality. I only had a minute and it was bad lighting condition.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1481 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe that to be an error.
Home made based on the mirrored design. Vise job.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4080 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the coin on the left, the imprint is raised ?
Edited by john100
05/16/2018 8:25 pm
Learn More...
Canada
8045 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would prefer to see this outside of that old flip. However, if this is what I think it is, then it is an early strike reverse strike full brockage (the elements are only slightly enlarged). This is formed from being struck over an anvil die cap.

I wonder if it is related to this one: http://goccf.com/t/158225 is the one your friend has magnetic (CPS) or not (CPZ)?

If it was mint state red, that is a minimum CAN $750 error. The example you show here, is worth a minimum CAN$350 in my opinion, maybe more in an auction and more than one person wants it.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1444 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what if its a magnetic with no p or logo?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1444 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very cool coin btw!
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Edited by gidjit
05/16/2018 8:44 pm
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is Magnetic! :)
I will try to get better pics in the near future.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
705 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does not look like vice job too me either. You can see where the left side was struck within the right side with the rim missing around the beads. Really cool too see both sides !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2102 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Feel free to send me a quick email about that coin Adam
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an in-collar first-strike brockage of the hammer die's design (reverse design). A newly-struck cent remained behind in the striking chamber while staying firmly seated on the anvil (obverse) die. Then a fresh planchet (your coin) was fed on top of it. Both discs were then struck within the collar. A highly desirable error.
Error coin writer and researcher.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05