Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Determining rotated die degree on this Indian Head Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  8:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Copper Penny Connection to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What would you roughly determine the degree on this rotation? Pictures shows obverse centered up right, then flipped UP (Not sideways) (^^)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28168 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was told there would be no math, but I would estimate about 140 degrees or so.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/01/2018 8:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6460 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here - copy and print this out. I taped it with clear packing tape to make it sturdy. Add the center lines

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few days of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7810 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2018  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My estimate is 135 CCW.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Copper Penny Connection to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the answers!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
680 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Spruett001, 135 CCW. I don't see this one listed here http://rotateddies.50webs.com/census.htm but the other 1907's are R5 rarity
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinAdvocate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish this was a contest: 'Guess the degree of rotation!' that might be kind of fun. If it were my guess would be 139 degrees.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11994 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  12:48 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! That's a good Rotated Die. It's a keeper.
Errers and Varietys
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05