Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Presenting: The 4th Known 1968-S Jefferson Nickel MS66fs (PCGS)

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17922 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrads. Now are you going to try to upgrade to a better one?
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on that nice coin!

And LOL @just carl :)
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@just carl, always the dream but probably on another year. Stay tuned.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8119 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations
Pillar of the Community
United States
2259 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

That is such an awesome find.
Solotime
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update:
It's now almost a year later. I co-signed with Stack's Bowers for their Baltimore "live" auction. I'll post a note after the auction with results. PCGS book value says $4750. I suppose we're gonna test that value.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...view/3-IAU6Y
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThreeLui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3260 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Good luck in the auction!
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the find & listing as well as your ancestry. (Thank you Grampa! LOL)

This sale should allow you some $ to invest in other slabs or coins.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, that nickel is one of just a few scores for me. I'll be the first to admit that I'm really good at paying $16 to have spenders slabbed. What I'm saying is that my PCGS success rate sucks.
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Congrats on the grade. That's a keeper
Pillar of the Community
United States
1644 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations.

I've seen "4" or "5" '68-S that were virtually full step but didn't quite make it because of weakness in the center or right sides.

For some reason the step area is often scratched on the mint set coins so there's a good chance if I ever do find one it won't grade because of a scratch.

I have found a couple of FS '70-S though and Gems at that. These are easier than the '68-S.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa. 1 week to go and this Nickel is now up to $2,600. No reserve. It's going to be somebody else's in about a week... Hopefully it goes to a good home.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMom4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats! Kinda a big deal
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9492 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1 week to go and this Nickel is now up to $2,600.

Sweet! That should help offset some of your slabbed spenders.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05