Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 s limited edition silver proof set  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5251 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  08:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is listed on the mint's web sight as an issue in the fall. How is this different from the already released silver proof set for this year?
Valued Member
United States
465 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Past LES sets included only the silver coins + an American Silver Eagle. They didn't include the non-silver coins. The 2018 set will probably be like this as well.

BTW, because of that included Ag ASE the previously announced issue price for this set is $144.95 versus the Ag Proof Set price of $49.95. So, you're paying $95 for the ASE and packaging (and not getting the $1.06 of non-silver coins as well).

You only get one proof ASE in the set, not both the S and W mints. I guess it will include the S mint version.

Assuming that the S mint proof ASE is the same price (but I haven't seen an announced price for it) as the W mint ASE, then you could get the Ag Proof Set and both the S and W mint proof ASEs for $49.95 + $55.95 + $55.95 = $161.85. Only $16.90 more than the Ag LES set, about the price of an additional ounce of Ag and you would get the proof Sacagawea dollar, Jefferson nickel and Lincoln Cent. Might be a better deal if you're interested in the coins versus having the LES set.
Edited by BadDog
06/05/2018 10:28 am
Learn More...
United States
58002 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It includes the ASE and does not include the non-silver coins (cent, nickel, dollar).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4139 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup...here's a link to the 2017 set.
https://catalog.usmint.gov/united-s...et-17RC.html

50,000 limit last year...had the low mintage S PF. Remains to be seen how many S PF's will be minted this year
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/05/2018 10:50 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won't be buying the LESPS this year... the only reason I bought last year was for the S-Proof ASE which I missed in the Congratulations set, like a dummy.

Don't get me wrong, it IS a good-looking set but the cost is difficult to justify. If it came in a wooden case, I might think twice.
Learn More...
United States
58002 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it came in a wooden case, I might think twice.
That might actually justify the premium price.
Valued Member
United States
465 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Assuming that the S mint proof ASE is the same price ...

According to a recent Coin News article, the price for the 2018-S Proof ASE will be the same as the 2018-W Proof ASE - $55.95.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4139 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  07:07 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price makes sense but I am still waiting to see if it's going to be a limited or unlimited mintage...I bet unlimited like brother W
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05