Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Fifty gets a Facelift  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
57845 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This beauty arrived Friday from Germany. A short run of 640K, printed almost two years ago at the Western Currency Facility in Fort Worth. None graded, so far, at either grading service. This might end up being a tough note to find.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3664 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The "fifty" has always been a favorite of mine, too!

Here are my 1929 T-1 & T-2 notes from my National collection. (Yeah, I kinda favor the Texas notes for some reason!)

The well used and road weary Ozona note came from a coin show in Arkansas about 20 years ago (I think). The Dallas note came from a local shop in the Dallas area about 10 years ago.

Grant looks so "Presidential" in his portrait. I miss the good old days!
Learn More...
United States
57845 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, great examples! Boy, that Ozona note is a tough one for sure. Interestingly, most of the small number of notes known for this bank are $50s and $100s.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4287 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Interestingly, most of the small number of notes known for this bank are $50s and $100s.

From its opening to Series 1929 Type 1's the bank issued only $50's and $100's.

When Type 2's began production, the bankers abandoned the high face value notes in favor of the smaller denomination $5, $10 and $20's.

http://www.antiquemoney.com/nationa...-ozona-7748/
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it, thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back when Federal Reserve Notes had blue seals rather than green:

Learn More...
United States
57845 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Back when Federal Reserve Notes had blue seals rather than green:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  05:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 1914 $50 Mr.Frog....there were also red seal FRNís.

Letís see a 4-subject sheet of $50 Star Notes

Learn More...
United States
57845 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Letís see a 4-subject sheet of $50 Star Notes
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This might be the rarest modern $50 Star note I own.
With a paltry 64K notes printed, compared to over 2.5 million printed for Richmond. Very, very difficult to find uncirculated examples.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, impressive. Going to have it graded?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3350 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't all that special, but it's cool for having been passed to me across the counter at my local bank branch a couple years ago. Many tellers will tell you they regularly see older notes getting turned in after having been hoarded for many years.

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
57845 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This isn't all that special, but it's cool for having been passed to me across the counter at my local bank branch a couple years ago
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. This would have been printed between 1949-1953.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05