Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$5 and $10 Draped Bust gold coins

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2117 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coins are of the quality that Heritage will most likely photograph your coins and put them in their auction advertising catalog. They will also take the coins to a major coin show for viewing and a live/internet auction at the coin show.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Donít get caught up in the lowest possible fee, focus on the highest net to you. Heritage/Legend would be my first choice. Possibly stacks. Make sure you get them to send them to CAC for free, and you have enough value to not pay seller fees. You may be able to get some of the buyers fee from Heritage but also make sure they donít get grouped with others or the same date and type, you want them to be the only one in the sale not one of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
3197 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The prices on greysheet are as follows
1798 $5 gold $11,500
1799 $10 gold roughly $12,000ish.

I would not be surprised to see these coins sell at auction for higher than the greysheet listing. These are coins that are not seen everyday and especially in higher grades and not cleaned. You inherited a beautiful pair of coins congratulations.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. The prices on greysheet are as follows
1798 $5 gold $11,500
1799 $10 gold roughly $12,000ish.

I would not be surprised to see these coins sell at auction for higher than the greysheet listing.

Greysheet is completely irrelevant for the pricing on these. They arenít even in the ballpark for the $10 and numerous sales show that. The five doesnít sell often so you can throw out their 2013 price of it too.

These should never sell for greysheet especially the $10. Itís pointless even looking up coins like that in greysheet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3197 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was never meant to be as a guide. I was just listing a reference. As I said in the 2nd paragraph I fully expect these to see quite a bit above listing prices cause they are not common especially in higher condition and problem free.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just wanted to make sure it was clear to the OP he has far greater value than those freshest prices.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brontobrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noob question-

CAC and greysheet are...?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7540 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Greysheet refers to a wholesale price guide that many dealers use when buying coins. CAC is a company that will sticker coins they believe to be of high quality within the grade assigned.

On a side note, those are some beautiful coins! Definitely not something you see every day
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sheldon Overton Baby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BrotonBrat.

Sorry for the loss and glad you are doing your homework. I can say that I know of somebody who would love one of the coins you have off top of my head. If you turn on ability to accept private messages I can contact you.

Staff edit - Buy/Sell/Trade/Want List Rules
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's all remember the rules for Buy/Sell/Trade on here...
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3779 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for your loss.

A well-advertised auction, in conjunction with a major coin show, is your best bet to maximize the return on the sale of your super special coins. I would recommend Heritage ...... as long as they cut you some slack on the Seller's fees.

You are in the driver's seat to be able to negotiate. It is a good seat to be in!

Good luck!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brontobrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, thanks for all of your advice. Kinda overwhelming. 0.0
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage's main office is in downtown Dallas.

If you are the kind who likes to make jaws drop, wander in an talk to them about putting the two coins in one of their signature (high end, big PR) auctions. Of course, they should be sent to CAC and you are interested in zero seller fees - as a starting point.

Give you said you didn't know much, somebody has given you really really good advice - PCGS Secure w/ TrueView. Might continue talking to hin/her.
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brontobrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dallas isnít that far of a drive for us. Might be the best course of action since we donít know what the heck we are doing.
Learn More...
United States
60341 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05