Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

100 dollar star note 2009 series new from bank thoughts.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  3:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CollectorSC18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I generally deal with coins just noticed this star note looks uncirculated. Would it be worth it to have it graded thoughts on quality and worth.

Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Part of a 3.2 million print run but still worth over face value
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I probably wouldn't save that one myself. Although there's certainly nothing wrong with doing so.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28855 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just too much money to tie up for limited upside potential.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1456 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you collect strictly from circulation, don't mind tying up $100, and like it...then keep it.
I do not believe it is a candidate for grading. As mentioned above, it's from a huge run of 3.2 million star notes, and over 30 million star notes for the New York District.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1297 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you can flip it on the bay and make a 10-15% return. Better than the market at present.

KK
Learn More...
United States
61434 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!

Not sure if I could afford to hold that one tough.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8758 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put it towards a coin you've been eyeing.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05