Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 D nickel error ?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see the N in UNUM is thick.
The 1st L in MONTICELLO is thick in vertical line.
The 2nd L in MONTICELLO is thick in horizontal line.
The 2nd O sw on MONTICELLO has a crack or break?
Anything significant in these?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8024 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's circulation wear that caused the flattening of the devices. It's not an error.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8223 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,no errors . product of circulation .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6088 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye for noticing the discrepancies. Keep searching!
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugh ..thanks y'all:)
Trying not to get discouraged but dang it's difficult!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't get discouraged until you've given it at least 25 years!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sort of looks like a '38 reverse. Can anybody say for sure from the photo?
Still gathering small piles of copper and silver.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse..?
Can try different pics but limited...specific stuff?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1938 reverse is a little less common than the 1940 reverse. If you can get a close view on the "S" in Pluribus we might be able to tell.

Edit: removed diagram.
Edited by Bump111
07/11/2018 9:22 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30506 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know where these numbers came from? Just total mintage number is usually the case.

Jefferson nickel mintages:
http://coinmintages.com/jefferson-nickels-mintage/
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/11/2018 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, if you can post your version, I would be glad to pull that one down. I don't know the mintages, mainly wanted to illustrate the differences.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trying...

Hope it's a better pic:)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a Type I to me, but the damage may have altered the serif.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the knowledge!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30506 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if it were the other coin, it would be a hard sell in that condition.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
30 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mebecrzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am really not too interested in selling. Just knowledge of what I have and what I may find is exquisite..but if by chance I come across some cRaZy somethin..well that my friends is an awesome treasure hunt to be continued indefinitely:)..says the newly addicted to treasure hunts!#127752;#127774;
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05