Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Starting the Dansco 8167 Kennedy half  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6095 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  7:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well, a meagre start on the Dansco 8167 but a start non the less! . Remember jbuck - when I mentioned collectin Kennedy's you said "Go for it" - well I did!!
Wanted to start the Dansco 8166 that includes proof coins but UNavaliable till probably the beginning of August (hopefully).

OK, the 2012-90%silver will take just a bit of saving but a nice set to collect.Can't wait to get the Dansco 8166 Kennedy album
-

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
729 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice start, it's always so exciting to start a new series! I love Kennedy halves. Keep us posted!
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5319 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice start - congratulations! Kennedy halves are one of my specialty areas.

I am surprised though that the entire list of 2014 coins is not included in the Dansco album:
2014 = 12 total not including the W mint mark gold proof issue.
P-clad, P-Unc mint set, P-High relief clad, P-proof silver,
D-clad, D-Unc mint set, D-high relief clad, D-uncirculated silver,
S-clad, S-proof silver, S enhanced uncirculated Silver,
W-reverse proof silver,
That was a busy year!
I guess they figures not everyone would want them, or maybe because some are not annual issues?

The 2017 also includes an enhanced uncirculated coin with the lowest mintage of all JFKs except for the special issue matte proof of 1998. In fact the mint set this came with has lowest mintage numbers for quite a few of the coins in it.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8363 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good so far! Keep it up.
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great start. I'm working on a set of Kennedys right now also, but mine are in 2X2s. Besides the 2012 90% silver, the one that I keep seeming to work around is the 1964 accented hair.
I never met a man I didn’t like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn’t like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7359 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an excellent start, Mark! Keep up the good work.

Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started my Kennedy collection in 1964... Just finished it this year, at least until the reverse proof set comes out in a couple days! What you have so far looks excellent!
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8114 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  02:54 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great way to start! Congratulations!
Errors and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16666 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive set.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6095 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody, should be a fun set to complete while waiting for the 8166 album.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Remember jbuck - when I mentioned collectin Kennedy's you said "Go for it" - well I did!!
Proud of you!

Looking good so far. The rest will come in time.
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am surprised though that the entire list of 2014 coins is not included in the Dansco album:
I am not. Dansco is pretty slack on including the non-standard NCLT issues.

Quote:
I guess they figures not everyone would want them, or maybe because some are not annual issues?
Maybe. They just get in a pattern and stick with it... P D S SS, P D S SS, P D S SS...

No worry, one could just put them in the holes on the blank pages.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1335 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks everybody, should be a fun set to complete while waiting for the 8166 album.

They have it here..
http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/ken...-p-2041.html

Quote:
OK, the 2012-90%silver will take just a bit of saving

cmon Mike. Just unload couple of your AU/MS Seated dollars and you will be far ahead many of us.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7359 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  01:45 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
cmon Mike. Just unload couple of your AU/MS Seated dollars and you will be far ahead many of us.

I believe you are confusing Mark1959 with MikeF in this case, Joe.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1335 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe you are confusing Mark1959 with MikeF in this case, Joe.

Oh, yes.. my apology to both Mikes

I'm not good at multitasking :(
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Edited by Coconutjoe
Yesterday 04:04 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
345 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice start on the Kennedy set.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05