Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 D Quater.do They Count This DDR. Know Nothing About Wq. Helps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 529Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1937 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  12:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
3128 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  12:17 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since these letters are incuse, a doubled die would affect them differently. A doubled die would actually make these letters thinner. This is common Die Deterioration Doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is actually incused Machine Doubling, not a Doubled Die. On incused devices, Machine Doubling enlarges them, instead of reducing them normally. This is very common on the ATB Quarters. http://goccf.com/t/227708
Pillar of the Community
United States
1937 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot guys now I learn another new thing
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  03:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Bate. Nice outlook in coin hunting. Here's the specific picture from the site of Coop as indicated by E&V. Coop's picture looks like your nice coin, might be a relative....hmmm...seems like you need to look for more coins to get what you want... I will be looking too.

Enjoy...
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sosicoin, it's weird isn't it? It's weird how Machine Doubling increases the size of the devices, instead of reducing them. A lot of people get very confused by this and think these are actual Doubled Dies. On eBay, you'll see tons of incused Machine Doubling being sold as actual Doubled Dies, which they're not though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47845 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind that 70% of these quarters experience the same Machine Doubling. So they will eventually show the same MD, but probably from totally different dies.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Coop. Thanks for your time & effort in teaching all of us, who look at your pictures and videos. I look and watch not just one time. I believe that repetitious looking & watching will make me see coins the way a master in the subject of coins like Coop views. Hi, E&V, you talk about confusion, at this point in time I am included in the group I don't know how long I have to look, watch, & post before I can put things in their perspective. as long as we enjoy the hobby, we can beat confusion...
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry sosicoin. I just wanted to let people know, since I made a pricy mistake almost a year ago. I bought a 2017 P LSC that was Struck Through Grease and it had incused Machine Doubling on the EPU, which I thought it was a geniune Doubled Die Reverse (which it wasn't). I call it my "mistake" coin, since I stupidly paid 40 dollars for it on eBay. I learned the very hard way and paid a very heavy price for my mistake. To this day still, I actually still have it in my collection.
Edited by Errers and Varietys
07/23/2018 8:55 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 529Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05