Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I have a stumper, Not sure if it is a coin, ID: telephone token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
334 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  05:34 am Show Profile   Check moose59's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got this in a batch of foreign coins. I is 17mm's in diameter, weight's 5 grams and 3 mm thick. It is circular with a hole in the center, has a grove through the middle. There is a Stag? On the Obverse with a date in Hebrew of 2010 above the grove and below the grove is some Hebrew writing? and maybe Persian? On the reverse in 1 through 0 counter clock wise with Hebrew. I have no clue what this is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2076 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an Israeli telephone token.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8747 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@oriole nailed it.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5747 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2184 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  09:27 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too funny. Moose59 you must be a yung'un. The rotary dial on the reverse should have given it away to anybody 35 or older.
The reverse says Doar Israel or Israel Post.
The "post" in Israel (similar to other countries) is a multi-purpose operation. You can change money there. You can pay bills there. And they operated the pay phones back in the 90's.
And no the date on that is not 2010. It is 1996.
Edited by BigSilver
08/09/2018 09:30 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check moose59's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny thing is I was in Israel in 1978 and called my mother on her birthday to wish her a happy birthday. Cost me as I recall about $5.00 a minute.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2184 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Funny thing is I was in Israel in 1978

Oops. I must respect my elders.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Hebrew letters at the bottom of the first image are t-l-f-o-n. The Arabic letters just below are also t-l-f-o-n. Apparently both the Hebrew and Arabic words for telephone are "telephone"
Edited by Kushanshah
08/10/2018 04:29 am
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RLS0812 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"1976" according to my chart
*** Edited by Staff | The bad word filter is in place for a reason. Bypassing the filter and making the intended word obvious anyway is completely unacceptable. ***

Edited by RLS0812
08/10/2018 05:57 am
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2530 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966, I think. Tav-Shin-Kaf-Vav = 400+300+20+6 = 726 = 5726 AM ~= 1966 AD.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2184 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  07:53 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
January1may-
Thanks for pointing out my stupid mistake. I mistook the kaf for a nun. Adding 30 years. You are correct. 1966
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05