Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961 D Penny Not sure if its lamination error and other errors  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  11:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jessiescorpio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The ( in 1961 has horns or a small curve at the top of it

The 6 in 1961 has a lamination issue or something not sure but its stuck to the coin. Also a dot by the same piece.

The R in Liberty has a hook going up at the bottom left leg

The G in god has MD on the outside but inside the G there seems to be a DD or another MD of the G not sure

The A in state is longer at the bottom right leg or?

Your thoughts?

Edited by Jessiescorpio
08/10/2018 11:17 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3063 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite frankly there are no significant errors on this coin other than a marginal Lam by 1 of date, it's just a very worn piece due to years of circulation and full of bangs and dings and damage on the 6 of date which has taken a hit and metal has been displaced.But remember they dont mint coins like these anymore, if it were today's zincoln, it would have been evaporated by now!!
Edited by Chase007
08/10/2018 11:45 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or could it be Struck Through Copper Foil Debris?
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7873 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@JS, with this amount of wear, I'm more in agreement with @chase007. In actuality the discussion is somewhat academic as I think that this coin is only worth face value.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jessiescorpio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the piece folded over or what not will not come off its on there. I thought it was debris. My question isn't so much as to the pennies worth. would love a penny thats worth a lot but I'm learning so plenty of pennies to go through and discover. I get the penny is old etc but what of the alll of the issues? I dont think they are from wear. some are MD but what about the rest? is there a dd inside the G? Is there extra something on the (? etc
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jessiescorpio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the R isn't it suppose to look different? I dont see damage on the R to cause it to hook up. the extra piece is stuck on the con so is it like damage or was ir a error. point being if these marks are not damages then they could be used are references in the future.
Edited by Jessiescorpio
08/10/2018 5:55 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the lettering "IGWT", That's a worn die issue (Die Deterioration). Maybe this would help? This will explain what severe Die Deterioration looks like.
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jessiescorpio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get the outside of the INWT has MD. so would that also cause it to have a another piece inside the G at the same time?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05