Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need help figuring out what this Geometric Triangle is from on my Morgan

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2018  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think with those additional scratches, it was someone with too much time on their hands. The triangles are much more elegant than the usual graffiti, though.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2018  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Balin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD, "O"
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2018  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Balin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zurie, your probably right about the additional scratches. And the triangles are so elegant. Everytime I look at the pictures I love this coin even more. Her expression seems so intense esp. with the additional marks. Hmmm just wish there was a way to find out what her story was : )
Pillar of the Community
United States
7177 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bag mark by the eye and the rest is just plain ol graffiti. Someone with too much time on their hands.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2018  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Balin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please see my 1st post with the picture of the geometric triangle I'm talking about
Pillar of the Community
United States
7177 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2018  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like someone trying to scratch their initials on the coin. Maybe A P
A TPG would give it details/graffiti designation.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Balin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the original picture and shape I'm talking about
Pillar of the Community
United States
7177 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just damage, nothing more really. Still worth melt value.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2018  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CouchDiver1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was your grandfather a Freemason? Mine was but he never really talked about it much. I thought it might have had something to do with that.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05