Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Living Up To My Name

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,559Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2018  11:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Contrary to what you may think, I actually never have owned a Buffalo nickel before until tonight! A customer paid with these bad boys. The top two seem to be dateless, but the bottom two look to be a 1928 and 1928-D. A very close second to the Liberty nickel for my all time favorite coin. Even though they're all probably G-4 Details, I'm beyond stoked to finally have some of my own Buffaloes!

The customer also paid with this nice 40%er. He said he just took it out of a set so it's in nice shape. Hope he didn't raid his old man's collection At least they made their way into the hands of another collector if that's the case

Pillar of the Community
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2018  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you owatchman!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11247 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  01:04 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice catches, especially the Kennedy!

The top left Buff looks like it may be 1917. The bottom left is 1926, and the bottom right may be 1926 as well.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Edited by spruett001
08/31/2018 02:47 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
6885 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice catches. Ot was always a dream of mine to get a 1970-D half in circulation. Never been able to despite many, many, many, many rolls gone through over the years.

It appears your half is the Flared G type:
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Real nice....enjoy!
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure where you got 1916 from, spruett. The 2 is the clearest digit in the date. But I think you may be right about the last digit being a 6. I took some pictures with a microscope, hopefully they help. The dateless ones are still dateless in my eyes, I can't make anything out. From top left to bottom right in my original post:

Here's a pic of the FG, Earle. Excuse any glare, it's in a 2x2 now

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11247 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  02:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure where you got 1916 from, spruett.

Sorry. That was unintentional. I corrected my statement above to reflect what I wanted to say.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's okay I figured it's what you meant The 1917 you could be right about though. The other one is for sure too corroded
Learn More...
United States
18302 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm beyond stoked to finally have some of my own Buffaloes!

A good start to what hopefully is a long association with this series!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14629 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find . The 70-D Half is the best one in the 40% series . The Buffaloes just might spark an interest for you in those Nickels .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. And Buffaloes are addictive so be careful.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. Congrats. Always fun to get silver at face.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20020 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is nice about those dateless Nickels is you can add your own dates on them with a felt tip marker.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
6885 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a pic of the FG, Earle. Excuse any glare, it's in a 2x2 now

Clearly a Straight G with that new pic. Must have been glare that makes it look flared in the first pic.

The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
1184 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The oldest coins are about 100 years old . Can you still use this money ? albert
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,559Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05